Orinda, CA Planning Department
Building Dept / / 23 views
|PLANNING SUBMITTAL PROCESS|
|Step 1||Submit your online building permit application here . A limited number of in-person plan checks are available by appointment only. Schedule an appointment for an in-person plan check here.
Note: All submitted documents must be in PDF format. Plans sets must be a minimum 11″x17″ size.
|Step 2||Staff will review your submittal. The planner assigned to your application will email you with any comments, clarifications, or questions.|
|Step 3||If your application is deemed incomplete, the applicant must addresses all plan check comments. (If your application is deemed complete, skip to Step 4).|
|Step 4||Once it is confirmed your application complies with the Orinda Municipal Code, the assigned planner will digitally stamp and sign your project plans. You will also receive an emailed invoice with payment instructions. Stamped plans will not be provided until payment is received.|
|Step 5||Applicant pays plan check fees. Payment is accepted by check (mailed or dropped-off) or credit card (online payment).|
|Step 6||Once payment is received, the signed documents will be emailed to you and you may proceed with submittal to all other applicable agencies listed below.
Planning approval is not a building permit. Only the County Building Department issues building permits. Each agency has their own application process and fees.
User Review( vote)
- Listing ID: 429
- What Type of User Are You?: Building Dept
- Link: Zoning: https://www.cityoforinda.org/296/Interactive-Zoning-Map-Beta
- Link: Planning: https://www.cityoforinda.org/290/Planning-Applications
- Link: Public Works: https://www.cityoforinda.org/155/Public-Works-and-Engineering-Department
- Link: Business License: https://www.cityoforinda.org/399/Business-Registration
- Link: Building: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/7863/Applying-for-a-Building-or-Grading-Permi
- Link: Permit Center: https://www.cityoforinda.org/432/Building-Permits
You must be logged in to post a comment.
The most important thing you need to know about Orinda, is they have no Building Department. Actually, the Contra costa County Building Department provides this service for Orinda. I have not visited this agency as of yet.