Building Department, City of Sausalito, CA
Building Dept / / 114 views / Popular
- Application. The Building Permit Application must be filled out and submitted electronically in order to receive a building permit. Visit the Virtual Service Counter for more information on submittal requirements. All information must be legible and complete. Most building permits also require a Zoning Permit.
- Checklist. View the Plan Submittal Checklist.
- Scale and Size of Plans. All plans must be drawn on with a minimum scale of ¼” per foot, except for the site plan which may be drawn with a minimum scale of 1/8” per foot. All plan sheets must be the same size, with a maximum sheet size of 24” X 36” and minimum sheet size of 11” X 17”.
- Information Required On Each Page of the Plans
- Information Required On Permit Documents
- The scope of the work must be shown in a clear and concise manner. Provide only information that is pertinent to the scope of the project.
- Floor plan of each level, label all rooms.
- Site plan including:
- Erosion control plan (erosion control must be in place October 15 through April 15 or whenever it is raining).
- Building elevations.
- Complete structural drawings including foundations, floor, roof, deck, and wall framing plans.
- Roof/floor truss layout plan with calculations.
- Cross sections and details to sufficiently clarify all construction.
- Fireplace details or manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Stairway, handrail and guardrail details.
- Size, opening and type of glass windows and skylights.
- Location of electrical panels, switches, outlets and types of lights.
- Plumbing fixtures.
- Details of heating equipment (size, location and type of fuel).
- Compliance with the California Energy Commission requirements (Energy Calculations) CF-1R and MF-1R (from Energy Calculations) on plans and in booklet form.
- Fire sprinkler plans and calculations.
- Any information necessary to describe the work and show that it will conform to the provisions of the codes, ordinances, and regulations adopted by the City of Sausalito.
- Complete existing condition plan.
- Specifications, Calculations, Reports, etc. (Minimum of 2 copies required)
- Specifications, engineering calculations, Certified Accessibility Specialist (CASp) reports, soil investigation reports, special inspection and structural observation programs and other related data (as applicable)
User Review( votes)